Leading beginner joggers & training jog leaders
Jog Derbyshire is a county wide project which aims to encourage people to become fitter and be more active by starting to jog on a regular basis with people of similar fitness levels.
Our network of community based jogging groups led by a qualified Jog Derbyshire Leader guide anyone who is new to jogging or who has not run for a long time through a series of gentle walking and jogging programmes
Jog Derbyshire delivers community jogging groups across the county, providing support and advice to individuals, community groups and partner organisations to help set up groups in local community and workplace settings. We also organise training for all our Jog Leaders.
Read more in Derbyshire Life magazine.
Jog Derbyshire is part of the Active Derbyshire campaign. The Active Derbyshire website has lots of ideas and advice on how you can become more active. You can also keep a record of your activity to show your progress. If you haven't signed up already, click here to sign up and start logging your activity now.
Don't worry about not having jogged before; we're here to help you start from the very beginning! Our safe, friendly and fun jog groups offer:
- Supervised weekly activity sessions, led by a trained Jog Leader
- Full support from your Jog Leader, who will encourage and guide you through a realistic training programme, and help you to improve steadily week by week.
- Value for money - some of our groups are volunteer-led at no cost to you. Others may require a small fee per session (but never more than £2)
- A Jog Derbyshire group to suit you – our groups cater for all abilities, shapes and sizes, so we’re sure we have something suitable for you, whether you’re a total beginner (and never jogged before) or someone who already does a little bit of jogging or running and wants help to improve.
- Community venues – our jog groups are based in a variety of venues, including leisure centres, work places, village halls, schools and community centres.
Our joggers also receive a log book, Enewsletters, discounts and promotions from partners and access to Jog Derbyshire merchandise through our on-line shop
Find your local Jog Derbyshire group here.
Jog Derbyshire is Run England's official partner for Derbyshire. Run England is England Athletics' project to get the nation running - regardless of their background. When you become a member of Jog Derbyshire you automatically become a Run England member too.
Run England is the new recreational running programme for newcomers and beginner runners, organised by England Athletics. There are currently over 600 affiliated Run England groups around the country and over 12,500 members. To join free and get updates on events, beginners groups, leaders courses, clubs and for exclusive Run England discounts, click here’ www.runengland.org
If you join, you will:
- be a member of a national running body
- be able to run with any Run England group - anywhere in the country
- run with a qualified and insured group leader
- run in a safe environment covered by our public liability insurance
- enjoy our online discussion forum
- receive regular newsletters, to keep you up to date with all the news and gossip
- be able to purchase the latest kit at competitive prices
- receive details of events and running clubs in your area