Date: Sunday 9th June, 2013
Venue: Derby AC Clubhouse, Moorways Sports Centre, Moor Lane, Allenton, Derby, DE24 9HY
Time: 8.45am - 5pm
Price: £110 (free or discounted if you're eligible, contact us before signing up)
Course Code: MC0562
The LIRF (Jog Leader) course currently costs £110. However, Jog Derbyshire will fully subsidise the cost of the course, reimbursing any hosted or independent 'volunteer’ Jog Leader the course fee once he/she has set up a Jog Derbyshire group (or is co-leading a Jog Derbyshire group).
Not sure if you are a volunteer? Click here
For details on how to apply to our Bursary scheme (for LIRF course subsidy) click here
If you would like to book onto the LIRF course:
1. Go to www.englandathletics.org/coaching-courses.
To the right of this page you will see the Course Finder box. In the Course Type drop-down menu, click on Leadership in Running Fitness, and then ‘Apply’. This will give you all applicable course details.
2. Read through the information provided, choose the course you wish to attend and make a note of the relevant Course Code (e.g. MC0216).
3. Download and complete an Education and Training Coach License Application form.
4. Return your completed application to England Athletics (the address is on the form) remembering to include:
- the Course Code on your application
- your £90 course fee payment (cheques payable to 'England Athletics Ltd')
- a passport sized photo
5. Please quote the ref "Jog Derbyshire" on your application.
6. We also strongly advise that you start the required CRB application process prior to attending the course. You can download the relevant guidance notes here.
If you would like to do the LIRF course but can't attend on the above date, you can email us with your details (name, contact tel. number and email address) and we will contact you as soon as we have new course dates confirmed.
If you're happy to travel outside of Derbyshire, there are other courses taking place in the East Midlands/Yorkshire/Cheshire/West Midlands area.
Go to www.englandathletics.org/courses to search for all the LIRF and EA coaching courses opportunities currently available.
Need further help or advice? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
From our experience we know that leaders really need some basic skills and know-how in order to get the most out of the Leadership in Running Fitness (LIRF) course. We therefore strongly recommend that you read more about our Jog Leader criteria before applying.
Should we feel an applicant lacks a little experience or doesn't yet satisfy some of the core criteria indicated we may suggest that they gain a little more knowledge and practical experience before being accepted on the course.
The minimum age for the Leadership in Running Fitness course is now 18 years.