Inspiring, informing and motivating you to help you be more active
Active Derbyshire is a countywide campaign to encourage and support you to become more active by providing you with the information you need to get started, inspiring you to try new challenges and motivating you to carry on. We're not just here for the sporty types. We want to help everyone, no matter what their age or ability or fitness level.
Active Derbyshire will help you find the clubs, classes, sessions, events and activities that you are interested in your local area and across Derbyshire.
- Our easy to use Activity and Event Search Engine includes all sorts of activities and sports wherever you live.
- Our online Club Search can help you find a club or qualified coach if you want to try out a new activity or return to a sport that you used to play.
- Register with Active Derbyshire to become a member and access our Online Activity Log to help you record your activity and keep track of your progress.
- We'll help motivate you with inspiring stories of ordinary people who've started to get active, made friends, got fitter and lost weight since joining us.
- We can give you free expert advice on starting to get active and support you as you get fitter with tips on training as well as gear and kit.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our bimonthly e-newsletter with news stories, event reports, interviews and expert opinion on health and fitness as well as a chance to win regular prizes and get discounts.
Local, fun & sociable, leader-led walking, jogging & running groups.
Part of the Active Derbyshire campaign, Jog Derbyshire is a county wide project which aims to encourage people to become fitter and be more active by starting to jog on a regular basis with people of similar fitness levels.
Our two Jog Derbyshire Coordinators Michelle Simmons and Natalie Trethewey are establishing a network of community based jogging groups through which anyone who is new to jogging, or has not run for a long time, can be guided through a series of gentle walking and jogging programmes led by a qualified Jog Derbyshire Leader.
Jog Derbyshire is funded through BIG Lottery, Sport England lottery funding and Derbyshire County Council and is part of the Active Derbyshire campaign.
The Active Derbyshire Partnership (previously called the Derbyshire Physical Activity and Health Partnership) is the strategic lead for physical activity in Derbyshire. Its partners include Derbyshire Sport, NHS Derbyshire County, Derbyshire County Council, District and Borough Councils, The Peak District National Park Authority, Department of Health and Sport England.
The Physical Activity Plan for Derbyshire 2006 – 2009 was developed through this partnership and for the past 3 years has been a key document influencing the development of physical activity opportunities in the county. This document has now been reviewed and refreshed and the Active Derbyshire Plan 2009 - 2013 has now been published to drive the work of the Active Derbyshire Partnership.
For more about the Movement Project Presentation from December 2010 Active Derbyshire Group read on...
To download our logos and read our brand guidelines, as well as for press releases and images, please visit our press room.